You may think that all irons are basically the same. Once you know how to iron, you are ready to use any kind of iron successfully, right? Well, this is mostly true but for steam generator irons, there are a few important differences.
To get the most out of these revolutionary steam-powered irons, you should take the time to learn how to use them.
How to use a steam generator iron
Check out this helpful video to learn how to use a steam generator iron properly:
Tips for using a steam generator iron
Some bonus tips to keep in mind when using your steam generator iron are:
- Make sure there is enough water in the reservoir. The steam function won’t work well if there isn’t enough water to create the kind of steam pressure you need.
- Use a good ironing board designed to work with a steam generator iron. A wider surface area for ironing and a special tray for holding the steam generator iron base will make ironing easier.
- Make sure the base is stable and secure. Even if you don’t use a special ironing board; make sure that the steam generator iron’s base is sitting on a stable surface. It’s always recommended to use an Ironing board big enough for a steam generator Iron.
- Don’t iron too fast. Steam generator irons are known for significantly reducing the amount of time it takes to iron. If you think that ironing really quickly will only speed up the process further you might be disappointed by your results. Iron slowly and with care. The steam power will make the overall process take less time but you shouldn’t rush the ironing itself. Slow and careful ironing will always lead to better results.
- Keep the iron clean. You should descale the iron regularly. A buildup of mineral deposits will hurt the iron’s performance. In addition to regular descaling – you should wipe the soleplate down with a damp cloth after each use. Just be sure to let it cool down first.
- Don’t iron clothing that is dirty or stained. It sounds obvious but be sure to examine your clothing for stains before ironing. Ironing before cleaning or treating can help the stain set in.
- Choose the right setting. Some steam generator irons have special technology that automatically adjusts the temperature but others require that you choose from a number of settings based on fabric type. This is important because some fabrics like nylon and silk can be damaged by temperatures that are too hot. Similarly; some fabrics like denim and cotton really need higher temperatures to properly get rid of wrinkles and creases.
- Be careful! Steam generator irons produce steam that is quite hot. Pay attention and don’t get burned.
Scent is a proven mood-booster. Ironing, even with a steam generator iron, tends to be a c…